MEDConfirm provides coverage for most of the entire state. We have the ability to arrange appointments with any physician you may choose for an extremely competitive administrative fee. This is beneficial for files with a prior RME physician or for a specific specialty.
Below is a list of services included.
- Copy all medical records and other pertinent information
- Ascertain specific issues to be addressed from adjuster
- Complete DWC-22 with adjusters signature
- Send DWC-22 and cover letter to injured worker
- Monitor for agreement, non-agreement or lack of response
- File DWC-22 with appropriate field office
- Monitor for approval
- Arrange appointment with physician
- Organize records and send to physician with detailed cover letter outlining specific issues to be addressed
- Send injured worker appointment letter by both regular and certified mail
- Notify adjuster within 24 hours of appointment if claimant showed
- Work with RME physician to ensure timely report and that the report covers all of the issues
We have a panel of physicians of all specialties to provide a review of records. We copy all pertinent records and ensure our reviewing physician covers all issues. Turnaround time is ten business days or less with rush service available.
This is an abbreviated peer review. It includes 12 pages or less with one topic and has a turnaround time of less than 72 hours. A Rapid Review referral form is completed and faxed by the adjuster. Within 72 hours, a response is faxed back.
THE MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
This service provides:
DESIGNATED DOCTOR REQUEST SERVICE
- history of mechanism of injury and treatment to date, provided in a
chronological summary (includes all medical records) by registered nurse
- medical peer review of the same by MD/DC
- summary and peer review are sent electronically to adjuster that may be
simply cut and paste into claim file notes for documentation purposes.
Provides the following with regard to the DWC Form 32, Request for Designated Doctor:
If there are any questions regarding our services, please do not hesitate to contact either Mark or Missy at MedConfirm, Inc at (214) 370-3338.
- DWC Form 32 completion and filing with the appropriate DWC Field Office
- Records will be copied and sent to Designated Doctor once appointed